- Admission to the programme is through the Common Admission Test (CAT) conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management at different centres all over the country. CAT 2016 would be held on Sunday, December 4, 2016. (Refer to the CAT Bulletin for further details). IMI-Kolkata will consider current year’s CAT score only.
- IMI-Kolkata will obtain the test scores from the IIMs for those candidates who have appeared in the CAT Examination and also applied to IMI-Kolkata for the PGDM programme.
- IIMs have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the programme.
- Foreign students, PIO and NRI candidates are also eligible and are required to take the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT), taken not earlier than December 2014 and not later than December 2016, and submit such scores while applying to IMI-Kolkata.
- Indian residents who have appeared for GMAT, not earlier than December 2014 and not later than December 2016 are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates will be required to furnish their GMAT scores while applying and provide an attested copy of the GMAT score sheet to the Admissions Office for verification. GMAT scores without the above document will not be accepted and the application may be summarily rejected.
Candidates who have appeared for XAT are eligible to apply. The XAT is usually conducted on the first Sunday of January every year. IMI Kolkata will consider current year’s XAT score only.
Short Listing Criteria
Candidates who have appeared for the CAT 2016 examination or furnished valid GMAT/XAT score and have applied to IMI Kolkata will be short listed on the basis of information provided in the application form, CAT scores (sectional and overall) or GMAT/XAT score, educational background, marks in Class X and XII, graduation and work experience. Only short listed candidates will be called for the final stage of the selection process.
Applicants should note that mere fulfilment of minimum eligibility criteria may not ensure consideration for short listing by IMI Kolkata. IMI Kolkata will not entertain any correspondence on this subject and decisions of the IMI Kolkata Admissions Committee will be final in all matters.
Past academic performance in graduation, Class XII & X, Psychometric Test, Essay Writing and Personal Interview will constitute the components of the final stage of the selection process. The IMI Kolkata Admissions Committee reserves the right to modify these components while communicating the same to the applicants during the Personal Interview. The objective is to identify and assess the candidate’s potential for a managerial career.
Besides Kolkata, the selection process will be conducted at other centres including Delhi, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Lucknow, Ranchi, Jaipur and Mumbai. If a candidate’s preferred centre is not allotted, for any reason, the candidate will be informed of the change. IMI Kolkata reserves the right to change any of the centres for the selection process, without assigning any reasons.
Admission Offer will be based on a composite score arrived after the assessment has been made during the various stages of the selection process, defined above. The result will be emailed to the shortlisted candidates. Offer letter will thereafter be dispatched, to the mailing address provided in the application form and also via email. Applicants are advised to provide their complete postal address and active email ID which should be valid up to 30th June 2017 for receiving important communications. Successful candidates, who have been offered admission, will be required to pay the 1st installment of fee within two weeks of the date of offer, failing which the offer shall stand lapsed and admission will be offered to the next candidate on the waiting list, without any further intimation. IMI Kolkata will not accept any responsibility for non-receipt of any communication which is sent to the candidate’s address and email ID provided in the Admission Application Form.
Withdrawal & Refund Policy
As per AICTE rules, in the event of an applicant withdrawing before the commencement of the course, the entire fee collected from the candidate shall be refunded after deduction of the processing fee of Rs. 1000/- (Rupees One Thousand only). The vacant seat will be allotted to the next eligible candidate. However, if a student leaves the programme after joining the course for any reason, only the refundable components of fee shall be returned to the candidate.