PhD (Thesis Submitted in The University of Burdwan), Assistant Professor – Finance and Accounting
Professor Abhijit Roy has done his doctoral research in corporate environmental sustainability practices and disclosures in Asian context covering companies from India, China, Japan, South Korea and Indonesia. Before joining IMI-K he has taught in institutions like St. Xavier’s College (Autonomous), Kolkata, Christ University, Bangalore, Dr. B. C. Roy Engineering College, Durgapur. He was awarded with ‘South-South and Triangular Cooperation Fellowship’(SSTC) by ILO to conduct research on Social and Solidarity Economy (SSE) at the Academy of SSE held in Seoul, South Korea in 2017. He has independently handled United Nations Development Program’s (UNDP) field research projects on ‘Socio-Fin Sustainability Study’ in Rourkela, Pune, Vizag and Delhi. He was honored by UNDP with ‘Best Achievement Award’ as ‘Project Resource Person’. His present research interest includes the study of social and solidarity economy enterprises in south-south context, corporate governance and application of distributed ledger technology in business.
- Roy, A. and Ghosh S.K. (2018) “Determinants of Corporate Environmental Disclosure in Asian Perspective”, IIM Kozhikode Society and Management Review. (Forthcoming).
- Roy, P. and Roy A. (2018) “Towards a rational bidding process of initial public offerings: a proposed model for secure auction based on homomorphic computation and secure hash functions”, International Journal of Electronic Finance. (Forthcoming)
- Roy, A. and Ghosh S. K. (2017), “Market responsiveness towards voluntary environmental disclosure: a longitudinal study in Indian context”, Research Bulletin, Vol 43, No 3, pp 14 – 32.
- Roy, A. and Ghosh S. K. (2017), “Corporate Environmental Disclosure, Corporate Governance and Firm Characteristics: Evidence from Polluting and Non-Polluting Sectors in India”, IUP Journal of Corporate Governance, Vol 26, No 3, pp 26 – 53.
- Roy, A. and Ghosh S. K. (2012), “Discretionary environmental disclosure quality and economic performance – a study on Indian and Japanese firms”; Indore Management Journal, special issue (2012) of IIM, Indore
- Roy, A. and Ghosh S. K. (2011); “The bilateral association between discretionary environmental disclosure quality and economic performance – an Asian perspective”; IUP Journal of Accounting Research and Audit Practice, Vol 10 No 2, pp 7 – 27.
- South-South and Triangular Cooperation (SSTC) Fellow of International Labour Organization.
- Best Achievement Award as Project Resource Person for CSR Program, South India Pocket, Year, 2011 – 12, by United Nations Development Program
- Certificate of Recognition for Unique Presentation of Cases in CSR Program, South India Pocket, Year, 2011 – 12, by United Nations Development Program
- Awarded Best Paper in Accounting Track in the UGC Sponsored National Conference in St. Xavier’s College (Autonomous), Kolkata in Collaboration Dept. of Commerce, Calcutta University, on 19.03.2016