Assistant Professor- Operations & SCM, FPM (Supply Chain Management) - NITIE, Mumbai
Dr. Sachin Modgil is currently associated as Assistant Professor at International Management Institute, Kolkata. He is Master in Business Administration (MBA) in Operations. He earned his FPM in the area of supply chain quality from National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), Mumbai. He actively publish, present and participate in peer-reviewed journals and conferences. Currently he is serving as a reviewer and editorial board member for international journals of reputed publishers from Elsevier, Emerald, Sage and Inderscience.
- Big Data in Lean Six Sigma: A Review and Further Research Directions (with S Gupta and A Gunasekaran),International Journal of Production Research. DOI: 10.1080/00207543.2019.1598599, 2019.
- TQM, SCM and operational performance: An empirical study of Indian Pharmaceutical Industry (Forthcoming with Sharma S). Business Process Management Journal, 2019.
- Supply chain routine issues in Indian FMCG manufacturing firm (with RK Singh and V Sonwaney), International Journal of Logistics Systems Management. DOI: 10.1504/IJLSM.2020.10019480, 2019.
- Identification and evaluation of determinants of sustainable manufacturing: A case of Indian cement manufacturing (with RK Singh and A Tiwari), Measuring Business Excellence, Vol. 23, No. 19, pp. 24- 40, 2019.
- Identification and evaluation of determinants of competitiveness in Indian Auto component industry (with H Tambade and RK Singh), Benchmarking: An International Journal. Vol. 26. No. 3, pp. 922-950, 2019.
- Information systems, Supply chain management and operational performance: Tri-linkage- An exploratory study form pharmaceutical industry of India (with S Sharma), Global Business Review, Vol. 18 No. 3, pp. 652-677, 2017.
- Impact of hard and soft TQM on Supply chain performance: empirical investigation of pharmaceutical industry (with S Sharma), International Journal of Productivity and Quality Management, Vol.20, No.4, pp.513 – 533, 2017.
- Linkage between total quality and supply chain management practices and operational performance: a review (with S Sharma), International Journal of Services and Operations Management, Vol.27, No.1, pp.35 – 69, 2017.
- Total Productive Maintenance, Total Quality Management and operational performance: An empirical study of Indian pharmaceutical industry (with S Sharma), Journal of Quality in Maintenance Engineering, Vol. 22 No. 4, pp. –353-377, 2016.
- Supply chain and Total Quality Management Framework design for business performance- case study evidence (with S Sharma), Journal of Enterprise Information Management, Vol. 28, No. 6, pp. 905- 930, 2015.
Papers in Peer Reviewed Conference Proceedings
- Modgil S and Sonwaney S (2019), “Planning the application of block chain technology in identification of counterfeit products: sectorial prioritization, IFAC Conference on Manufactruing Modelling, Management and Control”, Berlin School of Economics and Law, Lichtenberg Campus (Germany), 28th to 30th August.
- Gupta S, Modgil S and Angel Ferrero MC (2019), “Relationship of Exploration and Exploitation Strategies with the Intention to Adopt Industry 4.0 in Sharing Economy: An Empirical Analysis”, 26th EurOMA Conference, 17th - 19th June Helsinki, Finland .
- Singh R K, Kansara S and Modgil S (2019), “Development of lean measurement index for manufacturing organization”, Research Conference on Operations and Supply Chain Management, SIOM, Nashik, 12th December
- Modgil S and Sonwaney S (2019), “Measurement of leanness- a case of SME”, 6th Asia Pacific International Conference on Changing Business Practices in Current Environment. SIMSREE, Mumbai, 10th and 11th January
- Modgil S, Sonwaney S and Singh R K (2018), “Application of MCDM for Identification of Preference of Lean Six Sigma”, 12th ISDSI International Conference. SPJIMER, Mumbai, December 27-30.
- Modgil S, Singh RK, Sonwaney (2018), “Customer complaints as opportunity for improvement: A case study”, Research Conference on Operations and Supply Chain Management, SIOM, Nashik, 17th to 18th February.
- Modgil S, Singh RK, Sonwaney (2017), “Application of six sigma in complaint reduction: A case study”, XXI Annual International Conference of the Society of Operations Management, Ahmedabad University 21st to 23rd December
- Modgil S, Singh RK, Sonwaney (2017), “Total Quality Management exploitation and exploration perspective: A framework”, 11th ISDSI International Conference, IIM Trichy, 28th to 30th December
- Singh RK, Modgil S, Sonwaney (2017), “Assessing the influence of flexibility on supply chain performance: A case study on Indian FMCG firm”, XXI Annual International Conference of the Society of Operations Management, Ahmedabad University, 21st to 23rd December
- Singh RK, Modgil S, Sonwaney (2017), “Assessment of flexible supply chain: A case of Indian soap manufacturing firm”, 11th ISDSI International Conference, IIM Trichy, 28th to 30th December .
- Modgil S (2016), “Role of top management to improve supply chain for make in India-insights from Pharmaceutical industry”, India Supply Chain Conference, Mumbai, Hotel Orchid Mumbai, 6th April.
- Patyal V, Modgil S, Koilakntla M and Umashankar C (2013), “Productivity Improvement of Chemical Process through Taguchi Design”, International Conference on Quality, Reliability and Operations Research, 7th-9th January
- Koilakuntl, M, Modgil S, Patyal V (2012), “Application of ‘Taguchi Design’ for ‘Peroxide Process Optimization”, International Conference of Society of Operations Management, 21st -23rd December
- Patyal V, Modgil S and Koialkuntla, M (2012), “Process Factor Rating and Optimization through Taguchi Design”, International Conference on Optimization Modelling and Applications (OPTIMA) 29th to – 1st December
- Koilakuntla M, Modgil S, Patyal, V (2012), “Spreader process optimization through Taguchi Design”, International conference on quality, reliability, information technology and industrial technology management, University of New Delhi (India), 26th - 28th Nov
- Modgil S, Patyal V, Koilakuntla M and Ekkuluri,P (2012), “Robust Taguchi Design and analyses for process optimization through MINITAB software: an Industrial Experiment”, Quality and Productivity Research Conference at California State University, Long Beach (USA), 4 - 7June
- Modgil S, Patyal V & Koilakuntla M (2012), “A Research Study on Application of Six Sigma DMAIC Methodology for Customer Complaints Reduction: A Case study Evidence”, International Conference on new development and challenges in engineering, technology and management, YT Group of Institutes Karjat, (India), 22nd - 24th March
- Patyal V, Modgil S, & Koilakuntla M (2011), “Study on Impact of ERP on Organizations Performance”, ‘National Workshop on Business Strategies for Emerging Market’, SIBACA, Lonavala, Pune, 25-27 February.
- Patyal V, Modgil S & Koilakuntla M (2011), “Application of DMAIC Methodology for Quality Improvement in Molded Case Circuit Breakers”, ‘International Congress on Productivity, Quality, Reliability, Optimization and Modeling’, Organized by ISI, QCI and DRDO Jointly at Indian Habitat Centre, New Delhi, 7-8 February.
- Modgil S, Patyal V & Koilakuntla M (2011), “A Research study on Application of Six Sigma (Shainin DoE) methodology to reduce the reverse flow of valve plate (used in compressor) at ABC Company”, ‘International Congress on Productivity, Quality, Reliability, Optimization and Modeling’, Organized by ISI, QCI and DRDO jointly at Indian Habitat Centre, New Delhi, 7-8 February
- Modgil S, Patyal V & Koilakuntla M. (2010), “Application of Lean Six Sigma to reduce cost of Type-A MCCB at ABC Company”, TIMS National Conference, Tolani Institute of Management Studies, Adipur, Kachchh, 4-5. December
- Data Analytics for Operations Excellence in Manufacturing & Services by Dr. Surendra Kansara, Dr. Sachin Modgil and Dr. Vandana Sonwaney, Excel India Publishers, New Delhi, 2019.
- Supply Chain Strategies in Dynamic Environment Edited by Dr. Sachin Modgil, Dr. Rohit Kr. Singh and Dr. Vandana Sonwaney, Excel India Publishers, New Delhi, 2018.
- Competitive Manufacturing Strategies by Leveraging Technology Edited by Dr. Sachin Modgil, Dr. Rohit Singh and Dr. Vandana Sonwaney, Excel India Publishers, New Delhi, 2017.
- Work System Design by Sachin Modgil for D.Y Patil Institute of Distance Learning, D.Y Patil Press, Pune, 2013
Awards and Recognition
- Recipient of the award for “Research in Supply Chain Management” at 4th Logistics and Supply Chain Awards (hosted by Institute of Supply Chain Management) held on 8th Dec, 2018 at Hotel Orchid, Mumbai.
- Recipient of Young Scientist Travel Grant from DST (GOI), New Delhi to present the research paper at California State University at Long Beach, USA in 29th Quality and Productivity Research Conference (June 4 to 7, 2012)
- Student scholarship from California State University, Long Beach, USA, June 7, 2012.
- Merit student in secondary examinations, 1998 (Himachal Pradesh) .