Assistant Professor, Marketing , Ph. D, MBA, PGDHHM
Prof. Swapnarag Swain has 9.5 years of experience in teaching, research and industry. Prior to joining IMI-Kolkata, he has been associated with reputed institutions like T. A. Pai Management Institute-Manipal (TAPMI), NALSAR University of Law-Hyderabad, and National Law University-Odisha. In industry, he has been in to several roles in the area of Sales & Marketing, Client relationship, and Market Research. He has been the recipient of gold medal for being the best all-rounder in MBA at KIIT University. Besides UGC-NET, he holds Ph. D from Utkal University, Odisha and PGDHHM (Hospital & Healthcare Management) from Symbiosis, Pune. Dr. Swain teaches courses like Marketing Management, Consumer Behaviour, Brand Management, Services Marketing and Marketing Research. He has published several research papers in reputed peer reviewed international journals like Benchmarking-an international journal, Journal of health management and International journal of pharmaceutical and healthcare marketing. He has also presented few papers in national/international conferences. He holds special interest in conducting MDPs for healthcare professionals in the areas like patient satisfaction, healthcare marketing and healthcare service quality.
- “Do patients really perceive better quality of service in private hospitals than government hospitals in India”, Benchmarking – An International Journal, Vol 26 No 2, pp. 590-613, 2019. (Emerald Insight – Indexed in Scopus and ESCI, Ranked in ABDC & ABS-UK).
- “Hospital service quality as antecedent of patient satisfaction – A conceptual framework” (With N.C. Kar), International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Marketing, Vol 12 No 3, pp. 251-269, 2018. (Emerald Insight – Indexed in Scopus and ESCI-Thomson Reuter)
- “A holistic framework for conceptualizing hospital service quality” (With N.C. Kar), Journal of Health Management, Vol 19 No 1, pp. 84-96, 2017. (Sage Publication – Scopus Indexed)
- “Comparing perceived service quality between government medical college hospitals” (With N.C. Kar), Pacific Business Review International, Vol 10 No 9, 2018. (Indexed in ESCI-Thomson Reuter)
- Presented the research paper “Cognitive, affective and conative approach to investigation of antecedents of brand loyalty – A study on Indian context” at the MCEM Conference, IMT-Hyderabad, January, 2019.
- Presented research paper “Dimensions of hospital service quality – Development of a conceptual framework” at the ICMABMS International Conference, BIMTECH Bhubaneswar – November, 2014. (Won the Best Paper award).
- “Antecedents of service quality management in hospital perspective: A conceptual inquiry” published in conference proceeding (Springer; ISBN: 978-93-5196-520-6), ICBPEM International Conference, NIT Rourkela – December, 2014.
- “Spirituality at Workplace: A comparative study between government and private hospitals” published in conference proceeding (ISOL Publication; ISBN: 978-81-920639-3-5), ISOL International Conference, XIM Bhubaneswar – January, 2013.
Awards & Recognitions
- Gold Medal for being the ‘Best All Rounder’ in MBA at KIIT University, 2009. .
- Winner of ‘Best Paper award’ at ICMABMS International conference, BIMTECH-Bhubaneswar, November, 2014.
- ‘Certificate of Excellence’ for generating profitable business in TATA-AIG Life Insurance Co. August, 2009 .