Assistant Professor, Marketing, FPM (Ph.D.), MBA
Dr. Tinu Jain has 5 years of experience in teaching, research and industry. Prior to joining IMI-Kolkata, he has been associated with reputed institutions like Indian Institute of Management Jammu (IIM Jammu), Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) Mumbai Main Campus. Prior completing the Fellow Program in Management (FPM) from Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, he had done his MBA from XIMB (Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar)- 2005-07 batch with Rural Marketing as specialization and has worked in AMUL as Depot In-Charge (Equal to Branch Manager) for 26 months taking care of the entire range of AMUL products.
His teaching and research interest area includes Branding; Rural Marketing; Digital Marketing; Retailing; Tourism Marketing; Consumer Behavior and Sales & Distribution.
- Medhi, P. K., Jain, P., & Jain, T. (2019). Effects of information sources for new customers and suppliers on the immediate innovation output of firms. European Journal of Innovation Management.
- Jain, T., & Mishra, P. (2015). Dimensions of Privacy Concerns amongst Online Buyers in India. International Journal of Online Marketing (IJOM),5(1), 51-64.
- Mishra, P., Sridhar, G., & Jain, T. (2015). Shopper's attitude and demographics influence on store patronage-a comparison of formal vs. informal food retail stores in India. International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management, 11(2), 203-218.
- Mishra, P., Jain, T., & Motiani, M, (2017). Have Green, Pay More: An Empirical Investigation of Consumer’s Attitude towards Green Packaging in an Emerging Economy. Essays on Sustainability and Management: Emerging Perspectives, 125-150.
- “Durex in India: Category Normalization Challenge”, (Assisted Dr. P. Mishra), accepted by Indian Institute of Management Calcutta Case Research Centre. Also published online on Reckitt Benckiser website and is used for competitions and campus selection. (2016)
- “Van Heusen- The Journey of a Brand”, (Assisted Dr. P. Mishra), accepted by Indian Institute of Management Calcutta Case Research Centre. (2016)
- Jain, T. (2015). Michael Kleinaltenkamp, Wulff Plinke, Ingmar Geiger (Eds.): Business relationship management and marketing: mastering business markets. DECISION, 42(4), 471-473.
- Jain, T., & Singh, R. (2011). RR Gaur, Rajeev Sangal and GP Bagaria, A Foundation Course in Human Values and Professional Ethics, 2010, New Delhi: Excel Books, pp. 118, Rs175, ISBN: 978-81-7446-781-2. Journal of Human Values, 17(2), 185-188
- Jain, T., & Kour, G. (2015). Reverse Innovation: Create Far from Home. International Journal of Research in IT and Management, 5(11), 39-40.
- “Retail wars: A study of impact on small incumbent stores on entry of Modern Format Stores”, American Society of Business and Behavioral Sciences 23rd Annual Conference, Feb 18-21 (2016), at Las Vegas, NV, US.
- “Shopper's attitude and demographics influence on store patronage-a comparison of formal vs. informal food retail stores in India” (with P Mishra and G Sridhar), Academy of Marketing Science 17th Biennial World Marketing Congress, August 5-8 (2014), at ESAN, Lima, Peru .
- “Not Just Incredible, Positioning India as a “House of Brands”” (with Gurpreet Kour), Academy of Marketing Science World Marketing Congress to be held July 19 – July 23 in Paris, France (2016).
Awards & Recognition
- Best Kaizen National Level (2007) for making improvements in market
- Best Kaizen Zonal Level for making (2008) improvements at the stock point.